The 4 day package includes:
# Accommodation: 3 nights (in the 21st, out the 24th March) sharing a twin bedded room (or double room if you are a couple).
# Meals and healthy snacks: All meals will be freshly prepared by our expert chef Kristen (we can cater for vegans / special diets) using fresh, organic produce.
Breakfast: fruit salad, home-made muesli, nuts and seeds, home-made organic yogurt, vegan smoothies, teas (herbal)
Lunch: International vegetarian cuisine, buffet style with a vegan dessert
Dinner: Vegetable soup with organic bread, dips, salads and nut cheese plateau
Snacks: Healthy treats (nuts and seeds)
(*Please note ALL meals will be vegetarian (or vegan if required) to aid the detox process and help you gain the most benefit from the yoga sessions.)
# Yoga classes: Hatha Yoga, Transformational, Yin Yoga and Vinyasa flow classes will be offered twice a day- suitable for ALL levels!
# Relaxation (Yoga Nidra) and meditation sessions in the early morning and mid-afternoon. (Meditation sessions will be held in the garden (weather permitting)
Total Cost: EARLY BIRD RATES (if you pay before the 25th Feb 2019)- save R500 pp on any of the 5 room options below
1. SUNRISE: Double Room with a Sea View and private bathroom (not ensuite, down the hall) -2 people: 2 single beds (can be joined as a king size) R 4 550pp
2. DUIKER: Double Room with a shared bathroom and a Sea View - 2 single beds (can be joined as a king size) R 4 350pp
3. LOERIE: Ensuite Double Room (Forrest view) - 2 single beds R 4650pp
4. HYRAX: Double Room (Forrest view) with shared bathroom - 2 single beds R 4150pp
1. HORNBILL: Double Room with a shared bathroom ((Forrest view) -2 people: 2 single beds R 4 350pp
2. BUSHBUCK: Double Room with a shared bathroom (Forrest view) - 2 single beds (can be joined as a king size) R 4 350pp
*A full schedule for the 4 days will be given upon confirmation of your booking.
OPTIONAL EXTRAS ON OFFER:
- Sport Massage, Reflexology, Head massage, Reiki, Aromatherapy with Cynthia 30min: R230 60min: R440
- Shiatsu with Cheryl 30min: R200 60min: R440
- Pumula Surf School http://www.pumulasurfcamp.co.za/ 60min: R250pp If group of 5 people R200pp
- Oribi Gorge http://www.wild5adventures.co.za/activities-rates/adventure-activities-rates/
About the Venue:
Pumula Retreat offers a beautiful and unique experience with lush surroundings and breath-taking valley and sea views. Situated 3km away from a swimming beach and nestled in the lush jungle of Pumula, our resident neighbours are duiker (small African antelope), bushbuk and vervet monkeys. Come to our slice of paradise and forget about the world, the only sounds you will hear will be the sounds of nature.
Stroll around the 5 acres of well wooded garden and find peace and tranquillity amongst the trees. Otherwise relax by the pool side or enjoy the amazing view from the balconies. If you visit during the winter months, watch the whales breach and play while they pass by. Sleep in a comfy queen size bed and wake up looking at the sunrise over the ocean from your pillow.
The large well wooded garden around the retreat – 18700m² enables the guests to reconnect with nature and spot the local wildlife such as duiker, bushbuck (local antelope) and birdlife as well as finding peace and tranquillity amongst the trees. Walks to the beach and the forest are available from the garden. The property is safely guarded and parking is provided. The construction of the glass yoga studio has started and it's getting built at the bottom of the garden surrounded by the trees to provide a unique yogic experience with nature.
Hosted by Lucie And Scott
After many years of travelling, they decided to settle down on the South coast of Kwazulu Natal and make their dream come true by starting a yoga and wellness retreat. They enjoy nature walks, beach and water activities and we also love growing our own vegies and cooking healthy vegetarian meals. They speak English, French, Spanish and Italian and enjoy sharing a good meal with fellow travellers. Lucie is a 500 level qualified yoga teacher and has created this space with yogis in mind. "Smile and the world smiles back at you"- Lucie and Scott
Front of the Yoga Shala- (for more photos please see the website (www.pumularetreat.com)
Other attractions in the area
Pumula Retreat is situated on the subtropical East Coast of South Africa, 120km south of Durban, in the Umzumbe area. The large property boasts breath-taking sea views, has direct access to the forest, and is only 1km away from the beach. The attraction of the location is the quiet environment, the privacy and the spectacular natural surroundings. The South Coast boasts sunny weather all year around and the warm Indian Ocean allowing outdoor activities to be carry out such as surfing, scuba diving, horse riding, hiking, paragliding, etc
FLIGHT OPTIONS (this is peak season so book your flight asap!)
• Kulula.com flies to Durban from Lanseria and the cost is R1450.00 to Durban and R990.00 back, approx R2,440.00 per person
• Kulula.com flies to Durban from OR Tambo cost is R990 return, approx R1,980.00 per person.
• Mango flies to Durban from OR Tambo cost is R1390 there and R850.00 return, approx R 2,240.00
• Car Hire and petrol to drive to Umuzumbe per day for an 8 seater bus is approx R2900 for the weekend plus petrol (R450.00 per person extra). It is approximately 1 hour 15 mins (115 km) via the N2 from Durban to the house. This will option will be discussed with the group.
• You can also drive to the venue in your own vehicle or hire a car at Durban Airport.
The maximum group size will be 12 people so book early to avoid disappointment!! Indicate your first and second room preference (in case of availability). Please take careful note if you want an ensuite bathroom, 3 of the rooms share a bathroom on the same floor.
A 50% non-refundable deposit secures your booking.
Final payment is due no later than 14 working days before the retreat.
SYC is a member of the YAI global yoga network